On Premise PBX Phone Systems
SERVING PORTLAND OR | VANCOUVER WA
“On Premise VoIP PBX” can sound overwhelming, but America’s Phone Guys is here to help break it down for you. Businesses have different needs for their phone use like conference calling, voicemail to email, and other unified communication features. So, business VoIP phone systems can be more complicated than your typical landline phone systems.
How Does an On-Premise VoIP PBX Work?
PBX means “Private Branch Exchange.” PBX systems have an in-house network (extensions for in-house dialing) and external connectors (outside lines to receive and make calls outside the private network). Older PBX systems were entirely analog or digital. Most PBX systems are labeled On-Premise because the equipment is in your office, similar to a private server.
Today’s PBX systems have additions to them: IP, or “internet protocol,” allows these premise-based phone systems to operate over the internet (making it a type of VoIP, or voice-over-internet-protocol). On-Premise VoIP PBX phones connect to the system brain over a Local Area Network (LAN). You will need phone lines called SIP trunks to join your private phone network to the outside world.
Looking for a Trusted VoIP Provider?Leave us your information below. We will call you back within 60 minutes or less.
Is an On-Premise VoIP Phone System Right for Your Business?
On-Premise PBX phone systems are best suited for businesses that meet one or more of the criteria below:
- You have a staff of 10 or more.
- You have modern wiring at each location – For a business to utilize an On-Premise VoIP system, the wiring infrastructure in your offices must be Cat 5e, Cat 6, or Fiber.
- You would like to keep at least one traditional phone line for faxing, alarm service, or an emergency backup line in case of a VoIP failure.
- You want enhanced customization such as call queuing or long-term call recording storage.
- Your phone service is a PRI or T1, and although you need a new phone system, you are in an extended contract for the service.
- You’ve tried Hosted VoIP, and your Internet connection isn’t stable enough to support it.
Benefits of an On-Premise VoIP PBX
On-Premise VoIP phone systems can offer better and more consistent call quality than Hosted VoIP PBX systems. This can happen because the call traffic or signaling occurs on your network rather than involving switches that can be thousands of miles away.
Although On-Premise VoIP PBX systems can cost more upfront because of equipment, they can save a larger organization money in the long run. It is substantially cheaper to make long-distance and international phone calls with the SIP Trunks these systems use for call transmissions.
Professional Business Phone Network Installers
If you have any questions regarding the optimal choice for your business phone network, America’s Phone Guys would be happy to talk with you about your options. Contact us today, and we can help you determine the best telecom solutions for you and your company!
On Premise PBX Phone Systems in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
SERVING CLIENTS IN PORTLAND OR - OREGON COAST: