Are you considering the move to a VoIP business phone system in the Portland, OR or Vancouver, WA areas? VoIP is extremely popular, and its use increasing, so many businesses are interested in whether or not switching can influence business growth or savings. Overall, many of the businesses we work with feel that a VoIP system is worth the cost, with customized help to alleviate the drawbacks of using VoIP phone service. VoIP is not the answer for all businesses; you are encouraged to keep reading further to learn about the pros and cons of switching to a VoIP phone system.
VoIP Phones- The Good
- Lower Pricing: VoIP provides significant savings and often times the cost is only a little more than an Internet service bill. With VoIP, local and in country calls are most often included in a low flat rate per month.
- More Options: Switching to VoIP means that you have access to features such as phone numbers with area codes from other areas of the country, the ability to take your phone with you, ringing on multiple devices so you don’t miss calls, voicemail and faxes to your email and much more for a lower cost.
- Ease of Call Forwarding: VoIP calls can be configured to automatically ring your cell phone if the service stops working due to an Internet or power outage.
- Increased Support: Local VoIP providers are great when it comes to customer service. If something goes wrong, personalized support is one phone call or site visit away.
- 24/7 Account Management: VoIP providers offer online accounts that can be accessed anywhere, at any time. Information, support, and billing information are normally only a few clicks away.
VoIP Phones- The Bad
- Communication is Internet and Power Reliant: VoIP is completely online. If your Internet has problems or your power goes out, your VoIP service will be interrupted.
- Compromised Voice Quality: Depending on the VoIP provider and or equipment you choose, you may end up sharing bandwidth; making voice quality difficult to guarantee. Data is compressed and transmitted then decompressed and delivered very rapidly. Any delay, even a few milliseconds can deteriorate the sound.
- Security Can be a Concern: The biggest issues can be identity and service theft through eavesdropping, spamming, malware, call interference and phishing attacks (Vishing)
- 911 Emergency Calling: Not all VoIP service providers offer emergency 911 calling. If it is offered it will likely cost extra.
Putting it all Together
VoIP can be an extremely attractive business phone service option for those who have a reliable Internet connection and the right equipment. If you are interested in VoIP for your business, call America’s Phone Guys today and we can help you decide if it’s the right choice for your business.
The Good & Bad of A VoIP Phone System in Portland OR - Vancouver WA - Oregon Coast
SERVING CLIENTS IN NW OREGON AND SW WASHINGTON