Even though most of us know that we shouldn’t, many of us are still using obvious and common passwords. America’s Phone Guys wants to remind those in the Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA areas about the importance of strong passwords. Passwords are used to protect your business’s confidential and valuable information and notably access to your businesses telephone system. If you take a moment to think about it, passwords are needed to access many types of information, most of which is sensitive and private. Failure to use appropriate passwords could put your business at risk, and strong passwords are needed for strong security. Protect your business by implementing the password suggestions below:
- Don’t use the default passwords of 1234 or 9999 for your voicemail account. Hackers can access your long distance service when you do and make costly overseas calls. America’s Phone Guys can provide a voicemail password tracking list for your convenience if needed. It’s also helpful to have this on hand in the event one of your employees leaves your company with little or no notice.
- Regularly change other default passwords: It is extremely important that business owners not allow their data to be easily accessible web predators. Default passwords for new pieces of hardware are common knowledge for many criminals so be sure to change the default password when implementing new tech ware and regularly change default passwords on community tech ware in the office as well.
- Use complicated and unique passwords: When creating or changing a password it is imperative that you become creative. Make it challenging by adding uppercase letters, numbers and other special symbols. The more difficult the password you chose, the stronger the security. Internet security experts now recommend 15 characters and using the first letter of each word in a phrase as part of the password.
- Frequently change your personal passwords: A best practice for maintaining strong passwords is to frequently change all of your passwords. Not only should you regularly change your passwords, but they should be different every time. Avoid reusing past passwords.
- Always clear your browser history and never allow your browser to remember passwords: Hackers can access your information through your internet browsers. Make it a habit to never allow your internet browser to save your passwords, and regularly clear your browser history as well.
- Protect your passwords: It is essential that you keep your passwords in a safe place. Do not share your passwords with anyone who does not truly need access to the information.
Follow all of the tips listed above, and you will no doubt have strong passwords, guaranteed to provide strong security from hackers and internet predators. For more information about how a strong voicemail password can make all the difference, contact America’s Phone Guys today!
A Strong Voicemail Password Can Make All the Difference in Portland OR - Vancouver WA - Oregon Coast
SERVING CLIENTS IN NW OREGON AND SW WASHINGTON