CLOUD HOSTED VoIP PHONES
About Cloud Hosted Voip Phones
The technology behind VoIP converts your analog voice into digital packets which are sent across a network to a provider who maintains their equipment at an off-site cloud data center using the Internet Protocol (IP) to their end destination.
Cloud Hosted Voip Telephones may be right for you if:
You may want to choose a cloud hosted phone system if any of the following apply to your business:
- You have a highly mobile staff (sales people, mobile accountants, field technicians, auditors, consultants, recruiters, etc.).
- You have a modern wiring infrastructure in your office or in your multiple small offices (Cat 5e, Cat 6 or Fiber).
- You want to have a low up-front cost or pay monthly along with your phone service bill.
- You have multiple small offices or remote workers.
- You want to easily be able to control the re-routing of your phone lines in the event your Internet connection goes down.
- You prefer to rent the phones and be able to upgrade to newer technologies every two years or so.
- You are a retail business that has simple communication needs and don’t spend a lot of time with customers on the phone.
- You run a small business that is growing but you are uncertain about the rate of expansion.
- You don’t need to keep a POTS (plain old telephone service) line for faxing or alarm service that you want to connect to the phones.
Keep in mind that VoIP phones are dependent on an Internet connection. A broadband connection is required and for reliable operation it needs to be extremely stable. The more simultaneous users on your network the greater bandwidth you will need. And remember that it’s the upload speed that is far more important than the download speed.